1. the space found directly below the pitched roof of a house. attics fill the space between the ceiling of the top floor and the slanted roof, they are known for being awkwardly shaped spaces with exposed rafters and difficult-to-access corners. while some attics are converted into living areas, most attics remain hard to get to and neglected, and are typically used for storage. that storage usually consists of pieces of history covered in cobwebs and dust.
2. an informal term for the human head. noggin, noodle, dome, bean.
here is a peek into my "attic" with little bits of history, whether you wanted to know them or not.
- road trips
- peppermint or chai tea
- walking on the beach
- repurposing discarded or unloved items
- renovating our old house
- redecorating with vintage or antique items
- organic gardening & food
- Whole Foods & Ikea stores (we don't have any nearby)
- simplifying my life
- times shared with good friends
- fresh fruit
- spending time with my family
- graduated with an AAS in fashion design & merchandising
- designed & sewed my wedding gown as well as the bridesmaid's dresses
- won the 5th grade spelling bee at my elementary school
- traveled first class to Maui with my family several years ago