verse of the day

Sunday, March 4, 2012

coffee table transformation

hey friends, i'm back with another project post. 
sorry i've been mia, life has been full. 
a funeral, a wedding, parade of home projects,
thrift store / antique shopping, and tax prep have kept me busy

this project was pulled from my archive of pictures that i've taken and not posted.
so although it's new to you, my new coffee table is really about 6 months old.
as i've said before, this is the way i roll.  better late than never?!
prior to the upstate home debut in october 2011,
 i was busy with a loooong to do list.
the dated hunter green coffee table was one of those "to do's"
so i lugged the brute out to the front porch
aka my work area
please ignore the peeling house paint,
we're working on a new color scheme
the three legged table
my sidekick "dewalt" was very helpful
bubye shiny finish, hello beautiful!
legs & top sanded down and waiting for a new look
i used the same pittsburg paint, black satin, that i used on 
the chair bench from long ago for the legs and table skirting.

with a few coats of black, some distressing, hand applied wax, 
and a stencil featuring the birth year of our home,
here's the coffee table's new "au natural" look.  isn't she a beute?
love those legs with vintage casters added
she sits atop my floor sample bargain rug from pottery barn
much better don't you think?

have a great week,
linking up to the following:













Beyond The Picket Fence








you are talking too much 































Homespun Happenings

17 comments:

  1. Hi Judi,
    Another fabulous DIY beauty! You can do anything!
    Hope your weekend was a good one and that the week ahead brings all good things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon~worthy, especially the casters, knocks it over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your table, judi! looks great!

    thanks for stopping by and commenting on my burlap coffee sack sign ~ i really appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the numbers. :)
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOO COOL! I also love the looks of the legs with the vintage casters. Nice touch. The numbers are super trendy too! The only bad thing . . . your intro to this post reminded me that I need to get my taxes done. LOL. Thanks for the reminder . . . I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your site while following Frugal-interior-design/Frugal Tree. Like the new "updated" version of "what once was" nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job!
    I l-u-v your old farm house--it's my dream!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful, Judi! I love the 1829 and the great old casters, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Judi!
    I LOVE what you did with the table...so much better...and the 1829...makes it so unique! And the post below? It was full of so many great ideas...love it, too!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  10. p.s. congrats on being able to help design the home...that will be a blast!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I just love it ... and you had me at the numbers! I'm a bit nutty for numbers in decor!

    :)

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome idea! I am pinning this table :) I love the top with the numbers added. Brilliant!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! It looks like you have a new table! I too like the c 1829 on the table top! Thanks so much for linking up to Rustic Restorations Weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did an awesome job on your table, and adding the numbers really makes it fabulous! I found you on Homespun Happenings and I'm now following, I would appreciate if you could follow back! Tx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cool! Love the numbers! I'm visiting from Rustic Restoration Weekend, I'm now following!

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! please leave me your comments or questions. thanks for stopping by.
judi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips