verse of the day

Friday, April 30, 2010

She Has a Name!

Yes, my new mannequin now has a name!
  
The previous owner emailed me the following:


"Judi,  I found out her name was Lucy.  However they said as a nickname it is really a Polish version of Laura.  Sorry that is all I could come up with."


I love it!  


I did a bit of researching and couldn't find that Laura was translated to Lucy, however, I did find that Lucy in Polish is either Lucyna or Lucja.


So....I have chosen Lucyna G 


G stands for Grażyna, which means beautiful and Giertruda*, which holds some childhood sentiment...AND because I don't want to choose between the two!


(A special thank you to Michele and Mindy for their input.)


And thanks to all of you for your suggestions/comments plus taking the time to do so!   It warms my heart to know that you care about little ole me and my new treasure...only bloggers can understand that!


oh and to see the original post go here.





*this means strong spear...kinda fits, dontcha think?





11 comments:

  1. Beautiful name. Perfect fit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Lucyna G fits the little lady to a "t". So happy you have a little bit of a backstory for her.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect and lovely name for this gal! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! What a find! Congrats on your fun new friend. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a GREAT find Judi....1908--can't believe it!!!
    xojanis

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great name! Love it! ~Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cool the previous owner had the info for you- perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I ADORE your mannequin friend...I want one soooooo bad! I just found your lovely blog, I look forward to following you through all your adventures!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty name for the old gal!
    She sure is a beauty.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. So while cruising Craigslist I saw this and thought of you..maybe she needs a pal? ;)
    http://syracuse.craigslist.org/atq/1803105946.html

    ReplyDelete

i love hearing from you! please leave me your comments or questions. thanks for stopping by.
judi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Blogging tips